Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I lied- I did make something


Ok, I lied. I did make something over my vacation. I forgot about it until I saw in in our guest room in a Ziploc bag. When I made that orange bag, the first one I cut was too small so I threw it to the side and started over. Well, I didn't want to waste the fabric so I did sew it up. I didn't use a Chinese knot because it was too heavy for the bag since it was so small. So I used a yoyo and a covered. I used one handle instead of two for the same reason. Plus, on the inside I put a button closure. I sewed a button hole in the lining and then lined the button hole so if you were looking you didn't see the fusible fleece and then I sewed on a button. I should have taken a picture. Oh, last night I did get motivated and started sewing the binding on a quilt I made for my friend who got married on Saturday. I only did two sides before my hand was cramping and I was working in way slow motion since I was distracted by a documentary on Bruce Lee. He is so fascinating. I knew he was influential but I didn't realize that in so many fields he influenced so much change from martial arts, nutrition, how actors are paid, body building, film, music, philosophy, and he even designed exercise equipment that we are familiar with today. Wow! Can you imagine the influence he would have had if he didn't pass at the unfortunate age he did? Did you know that in Bosnia there is a statue there of Bruce Lee that represents mutli culturism. The documentary said something like "One thing we all have in common is Bruce Lee." Sorry that was a random strain of thought. Quilt almost done. There - back on track.
I have so much to do. I have fabric for 3 quilt blocks to make for my quilting bees, I still owe Chen a block, I have to finish a little gift I embroidered (I would show what I have so far but the person reads the blog occasionally), 2 bags for my office mates, a bag my friend asked me to make for her friend because she doesn't have the time (its a kit so that should be easy once she gives it to me), AND my mom commissioned me to make her a bag which I think is funny because she taught me to sew and she can make it herself but then again I gave her material this weekend to make me a kimono jacket and I could make it myself but I hate making cloths and I actually want it in the near future. So she will get it to me quicker. :)
Tonight I will get motivated. Really, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment