Monday, June 1, 2009

The winner is...

Wow! I can't believe there were so many comments. I have to tell you I loved the stories with the ugly projects. Most of them when we were just learning in school. Sadly, besides the outdated fabric- the shirt I made in my cooking class was awesome. I went to a ghetto school and we didn't have the money to actually cook in our cooking class so we could bring fabric in and sew.

When my projects don't work out I try to remind myself of something my mom told me trying to make me feel better. There is an Native American tribe that believes that humans cannot be perfect. Only the gods so when they are making quilts or other artworks they purposely put a mistake in it. Yeah, that's what I am doing. :) Anyway...you probably want to know the winner...so here you go.

Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:292
Timestamp: 2009-06-01 15:37:49 UTC

May 30, 2009 2:08 PM
Shari said...
When I was in art school I worked for three weeks on a painting. the day before it was due, I hated it, and painted white over the whole thing and painted for like 14 hours straight trying to finish the assignment. It was seriously the most hideous (6 feet tall and 5 feet wide t boot!) painting I had ever made! There was a portrait of me as a child, and a statue of a dancer, and a blue tile floor, and a sign that said "warning: pigs bite" HA! I must have been delirious painting at 4am! It was so ugly. But I swear I'm not lying, my painting teacher (didn't like this one) said it was "brilliant" The whole thing was so comical!!

Congrats Shari!

This actually reminds me of my high school water colors class except I was quite proud of my paintings. I was showing my art teacher my who was also my golf coach for the past four years my packet of art and all he said was, "Put it away. Just put it away." Shaking his head, with his eyes closed. Oh well, some of us aren't destined to be great painters or golfers for that matter.

Shari - I will try to email you but I will have to try from my hubby's laptop. (Shh..I'm at work now.) For some reason the links to emails don't work here. If you get to it before me - email me and I will mail you the goods.

Thanks for playing...

1 comment:

  1. OMG I am soooooo excited! Yay!! And the pattern couldn't come at a BETTER time!! Two friends just had a baby boy and I was attempting to draw out my very first pattern ever (a bunny rabbit floppy doll)! I drew it out on paper this morning and as I laid out my fabric to pin it I put it away...it just totally doesn't look like it will work! So I'll make the cow instead and attempt my pattern one day and give it to my daughter with the rest of her 'guinea pig projects' :)
    THANKS

    ReplyDelete