Sunday, August 23, 2009

Is This Summery Enough?

Here is my Doll Quilt for the Good Ol' Summertime Doll Quilt Swap. I am so happy to be done (almost). All I have to do is sew on the name patch and my mom is mailing one to me tomorrow. I don't have a sewing machine with embroidery so she is quite helpful.
So, this is a dresden plate enlarged to 22 inches. I used the EQ5 program to get the pattern. Then I sewed on a back to cover up the yuck and I used a dinner plate to measure the center. The "seeds" are mini yoyos. I had to make over a hundred and then sewed them together. That's what took to most time. I know I said it was going to be a sun but I had to make some changes when it looked more like a sunflower than a sun. If anyone is interested, I would be happy to make a tutorial for it. It was super simple. I thought I would go crazy until I started and it was a snap. I am waiting for the patch for the other one too and then I just have to sew on the binding.
I have one quilt block cut for the quilting bees. Slowly I will catch up. :)

3 comments:

  1. oh that's gorgeous! I'd be interested in a tutorial. Sunflowers are my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete