Thursday, May 7, 2009

Scraps and Manicures and Hot Men

I had mentioned I had scraps left from the UGLEE blanket that I was supposed to pass onto my mom to use but I decided to make M a pin to wear. I had tons of buttons so this was use for one. I also used the scrap binding for a ruffle. I would have taken a better picture but for some reason I could not take any close ups without it being blurry.
For quicky instructions to make your own. Cut out a felt circle and sew gathered ribbon or fabric around the circle. Then make 6 varied colored small yo-yos. I used a plastic template to make the yo-yos but if you don't have that you can find instructions here to do it without. Then let your child hold the made yo yos so that she can throw them in the air and you can search the floor for where they may have landed. Ours were under the couch. Once you have found them sew them to the circle slightly overlapping. Sew a button of choice in the middle. I used a safety pin to attach the pin to the shirt. You can sew it on first with a zig-zag stitch on your sewing machine or you can hand sew it on last.

My husband and I had a little date yesterday. We went and saw Wolverine. He is my hubby's favorite superhero character of all time so of course we had to go. I went a long for the eye candy. Hugh Jackman is hot and I love some Ryan Reynolds. My husband is fully aware that this is why I went. Complete honesty.

So, M stayed with Grandpa. She was supposed to be taking a nap but she waved to us from her bedroom window and as soon as we left she went out of her room and said to Grandpa, "Let's go." He always takes her places. So this time, he took her to a nail salon. Grandpa has some friends who work there. Well, M got her first manicure. At first I was annoyed. I think a 3 year old is a bit young for that. I let her do her toes but even that is pushing it. So, I was annoyed until I heard an 8 year old did it. There were pictures but for some reason the files were corrupt. I'm having no luck with photos today.

1 comment:

  1. You had me at "hot men." I, too, enjoy the man candy that is Hugh Jackman...so I'm willing to see this movie! But I also like the whole X-Men series, so it's not like I'm only just there for Hugh - but he's at least 90% of my interest!

    ReplyDelete