Saturday, May 2, 2009

Six O'Clock Stitch Swap

So, for the Six O'clock Stitch Swap, we had to make a 8x10 flat art work thingy and include red and yellow. Thingy is a real word, really. I decided to play with fusible landscapes. I've always been fascinated by them. So, I used these two books for guides and took from both of them. Dream Landscapes by Rose Hughes and Fuse-and-Tell Journal Quilts by Laura Wasilowski. I basically took the design from Fuse-and-Tell. I'm not the best artist so I thought it would be best for now. Honestly, you don't have to be a great artist. It doesn't use patterns. Just get some scissors and go for it. So, here is how I did it minus a few pictures.




I sketched out what I wanted and picked fabric.



Of course, I got way more fabric than I needed.


Then I cut and fused to the base fabric which was the blue sky. Don't worry it is squared. The picture is way crooked for some reason.


Then I free motion machine and hand quilted where I wanted.

Added beads to the river. Its nice when things you have had for over 20 years comes in handy. :)

Some more beads to the bushes to add some interest.

And wallah! I am done. I just hope my swap partner doesn't think it is crap. Its so hard when you don't know the person and you can't go to their blog to see what sort of thing they are into. I am thinking about making another one now. I was watching Ni hao Kai-lan and I loved this little landscape they had with this brightly colored tree. It was so colorful and simple. I might make it for my mom for Mother's day. She loves my crap (she is a mom - she has to, right?) and I have enough fabric. :) Or maybe I need to get some more. Hehe!

1 comment:

  1. First, this is awesome. Let me know if you swap partner doesn't like it, because she can send it to me.

    Thanks for commenting on http://snipsewsend.blogspot.com and thanks for your interest in our quilting bee, but we are full. However, there is a discussion on the Quilting Bee Blocks flickr group where you can either comment you would like to be in a bee or keep a watch for upcoming bees: http://www.flickr.com/groups/quiltingbeeblocks/discuss/

    You can also add in your blocks from your other bees and get inspiration for up coming ones if you need it!

    ReplyDelete