Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oops and my owl

So, I was all ambitious and I wrote all these posts and I was going to post them periodically. What I didn't realize was that it will post it the date you started writing them so if you have been checking my blog- look below this post there may be some you haven't seen. Hmmm...

I have had a recent obsession with owls. It reminds me of summers at my Grandma's house when I was a kid. In my mind it was always sunny, rows of roses always in bloom and Grandma always had cookies that we snuck in the kitchen to steal. The latter two were probably true but the always sunny in Washington - doubtful. How that connects to owls? My Grandma had little owls all over her house. I don't think it was intentional. She had some magnets and a thermometer in her window sill that we would put our empty pill bottles full of water and rose petals. I learned a valuable lesson those summers. It takes a lot more than rose petals and water to make perfume. It does mold great though! Anyway, I have bought so much owl fabric and patterns lately. I don't know what I want to do with them. I had a cold the other day so I grabbed some scraps and played around and made this little owl.



The pattern is from Lavender Rabbit Distributors. I bought it at the Sewing Expo year before last but never did anything with it.
The owl I made is the top middle one. I'm still not done. I have to sew it down and figure out what to do with him. I'd make the wall hanging but since I really haven't planned it is not set up right. Suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'll be sure and not send any spiders your way. ;)

    I LOVE these owls!!!!! So very cute! I have a friend that loves owls -- I may have to try making one...you know, add it to the crazy-long projects I would love to try list that keeps on growing and growing...

    ReplyDelete