Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Waiting for the Tune Up

My husband thought it would be a good idea that my daughter and I take his car to the shop for an oil change and a tune up not thinking about the three hours it would take. Luckily, we did entertain ourselves. First, we spent some time at Taco Bell. My daughter just discovered tacos so she was pretty excited. Then we walked over to Joann's. Its his fault I had to go there. I decided I needed a new wreath or something for my front door. I made this little tin basket thingy. I couldn't find my metal cutters or I might have arranged it different.


All the flowers were 50% off and the basket was 30% off. I thought it was a good deal. Then to the fabric. I picked up two different ones. The picture doesn't show the blue very well but the color is great.



Then I found this cool owl fabric. I have no self control with owls. I really do love them. I haven't decided what I am going to make but I figure since they look like winter owls that I have until next winter. That's how I justify it anyway.



Well, we still had time to waste so off to the Goodwill. I like to look through the linens for backs to my quilts. It was 30% off for the manager's special. I only found one. This table cloth.


I haven't decided if I want to keep it as a table cloth or make it into a skirt for me or a dress for M. Decisions, decisions. I also found these 1/2 yard cuts. Three of them for $2. The original price was $5 each so I was excited. I have been wanting to make tea holders so this will be cute. I might make some dish towels too. Never have enough of those. Or maybe a apron for M. See decisions, decisions.

That is what my husband gets for making me entertain us for three hours. More fabric...

No comments:

Post a Comment